STAGE IT! 10-MINUTE PLAYS Submission Guidelines
Complete and submit the form after reading these guidelines.
- ● Submission to the Stage It! 5 Ten-Minute Play Festival will be accepted after October 1, 2020.
- ● Deadline for submission is January 19, 2021.
- ● Submission fee is $15 for each play, limit of three.
- ● Plays should be in generally-accepted script format and must be emailed to StageIt@artsbonita.org, or mailed to: Center for Performing Arts, 10150 Bonita Beach Road, Bonita Springs, FL 34135, c/o: STAGE IT.
- ● Comedy or drama plays of all types accepted—plays that should be staged or that would be loved by audiences. After all, the title is “STAGE IT!”
- ● Plays must be sent as a Microsoft Word document or PDF. They should NOT include the name of the playwright as we conduct the festival using “blind” judging. (If selected for publication you will be asked for a Word version of your play for re-formatting purposes.)
- ● Plays are adjudicated by at least two theatre professionals and the critique forms are available to the playwrights after the competition, by request.
- ● Playwright bios are accepted during the application process but are not required. Winning playwrights will be required to submit bios within one week of finalist announcements.
- ● You MUST mark the box in the form that you would like to receive the critiques, otherwise, they will not be sent.
- ● At least 10 winning plays will be selected for live performances at the Moe Auditorium and Film Center on the campus of the Center for the Performing Arts, and all winners will be published by Centers for the Arts Bonita Springs in their fifth collection of STAGE IT! 5: Ten-Minute Plays. We will most likely invite more plays for publication in the book as well as future performances in our Funny Shorts LIVE! events and Staged Reading Series events that are featured three to four times a year.
- ● One play will be selected as the “Audience Favorite”, voted by the audience in attendance at the Festival performances, and will receive $100 cash prize. This is not a “winner” or “best” award, but simply the play voted on by the audience in attendance. Casting, mood of audience, and even placement within the line-up affects audience reaction…this is meant to engage the audience and give them a feeling of investment.
- ● Critical Darlings of the festival will receive a free year-long subscription to www.playsubmissionshelper.com, the most comprehensive and up-to-date online directory of play submission opportunities available anywhere.
- ● Set, lighting and sound requirements should be minimal. If not, understand that we do not have a limitless production budget and will cut for cost.
- ● ENTRIES OUTSIDE THE U.S. Playwrights should call the offices at Centers for Arts
to make payment as electronic/internet methods have proven difficult in the past. Call 239-495-8989
or email firstname.lastname@example.org and other arrangements
can be made regarding entry fees.
ADDITIONALLY, we will no longer send a book to playwrights outside the U.S. due to the extremely high cost involved. We can work with you to get a copy through Amazon, or we will assist in some other method of helping our worldwide playwrights (we love them!) get a physical copy into their hands.
For additional information email email@example.com or call 239-495-8989.